Thumper started showing signs of something wrong last Tuesday night. She was having difficulty jumping up and down from her spot on the couch. Shell went home to check on her Wednesday and decided it was time to take her to the Vet. They told her that Thumper had some sort of back injury and that they should take her to the CSU Vet hospital as soon as possible. Of course being the awesome parents they are, Shell and Rich rushed Thumps up to Ft. Collins and left her there in the care of some really great people. Everyone fell in love with Thumps. She was a precious pup, so it wasn't hard to understand why. They took her in to surgery early Thursday morning, and the update was that it was a textbook case of disc protrusion and that the surgery went very well. No one suspected any reason why Thumper should not recover just fine, after 4-6 months of intense (for Thumper AND her parents) rehab. Shell and Rich were now facing with Thumper more recovery time than
MoJo had for his injury, which they were MORE than willing to go through...
However, as always, God's plans do not always mesh with human plans. Precious Tumpalump (as I called her) went to Doggy Heaven late Saturday night after coming home earlier that day. I honestly don't think I've ever known so many people to mourn for one puppy as much as everyone has for Thumper. She touched so many lives, including those of several people at the CSU Vet hospital. She will forever have a place in the hearts of those who knew her. Rest in peace, precious Thumper Ann. Play lots with JJ, and be happy and free of pain forever more. We'll miss you terribly...

Thumper Ann Black - November 2001 to December 2007
1 comment:
Oh, you should have put a warning at the beginning of that post. I'm sitting here in tears now. I am so sorry for them. It is so hard to lose a dog. I still get teary when I think of my dog Pokey. She died in Jan 2002. I don't know Shell, but tell her how sorry I am for her loss.
Post a Comment