08 February 2007

Long recovery ahead...

Some people have human children...my children just happen to be feline.


On Tuesday night, the 6th of February, one of my kitties was involved in an accident resulting in the fracture of his femur. It was a pretty ugly/sad x-ray, and our Vet, Dr. Dosch, in Evans sent us to the VCA Veterinary Specialists of Northern Colorado in Loveland (www.vcavsnc.com). There, we met with Dr. Wight who explained that MoJo would need to have surgery to put his bones back together. Dr. Fitch would place a rod and plate inside Mojo's thigh to give the bone direction to heal. I wish I had electronic pictures of the x-rays to show, but I just have paper copies of most of them, and no operable scanner...


Anyway. MoJo stayed in Loveland Tuesday and Wednesday night. His surgery was late morning on Wednesday, and he was on an IV of continuous fluids and pain meds the whole time he was there, so I imagine he was feelin' pretty good! As good as he could, of course... Everyone kept telling me what a pretty kitty he was and that the surgery went really well. The discharge nurse even told me that had I not come back to pick him up (as if!!) that she was ready to take him home.


Alas! He's home now, and set up in my spare back bedroom. Unfortunately, he's just a tad on the skittish and restless side, due to the meds I'm told, so he will have to spend a good majority of his first 2 or 3 weeks in his cat carrier, so as not to move too much and irritate the healing process. I haven't exactly figured out how we're gonna work his bathroom situation just yet, but I guess we'll figure that out later. All that matters is that he's home and recovery has started. Hopefully in 12 weeks (or less???) he'll be back to his new normal. Right now, he's resting peacefully in the sun.

I love you my Booger MoJolicious!!!

No comments: