01 November 2007

Manitou Springs

I planned a big surprise weekend for Paul's birthday on the 28th. I booked a room in Manitou Springs, one of his favorite places, and made reservations for a Murder Mystery Dinner at the Briarhurst Manor. Now, Paul is an actor at heart, and Halloween is his favorite holiday. I was way excited to find that dinner at the Briarhurst because I knew it would be right up his alley!! Then I got with his sister and invited her and the rest of the fam to come up and spend some time with us while we were down that way. She and their mom came up and went to the Emma Crawford parade and coffin races with us, had some lunch, shopped/ate our way around town a bit, and then headed back down to Pueblo. Paul was way surprised to see them Saturday morning!! We had a great weekend away and have chatted about making it a tradition to visit Manitou at Halloween-time from now on!
The Briarhurst Manor
At the Murder Mystery Dinner. We had a fabulous 5 course dinner and great entertainment!!
One of the hearses in the parade
Steph, Paul and their mom
Paul and me in our Jack and Sally t-shirts I got us for his Birthday.
Paul and me on Lovers Lane.

1 comment:

Hoban Family said...

Amanda, you have got to get that man to flash a smile here or there. Catch him when he isn't looking and then tickle him! You look so happy, that looks like a lot of fun.