To good people, and to God, who put them in my life…
As I was driving down Hwy 60 yesterday morning, on my way to interview for a job in Ft. Lupton, my rear windshield shattered. As far as I remember, there were no cars around me, no one standing on the side of the road with a BB gun, no big rocks in the road; nothing, that I can remember, was anywhere near me to cause this to happen. I thought perhaps the can of ice defroster I have in my back seat had exploded, because the "pop" was so loud. Nope, not even that. So I pulled over and called my dad to find out what in the world would cause a back windshield to just shatter out of the blue. He couldn't explain it...
I continued to my interview a little more frazzled than I'd like. I'm thinking they chose someone else, because I really don't have experience in the programs they use, and he said I'd hear by this morning. I didn't hear anything.
After leaving Ft. Lupton, I got almost all the way to work (a good 20 more miles) before my window started to cave in. Tried to take a picture, but the batteries in my camera were dead... Brad met me walking into the office, and I told him in a dazed voice what had happened. He and Randy went to look at it. Randy came into my office and said something about not having any luck at all if it's not bad luck, which is entirely true for the past 2 and a half weeks straight now. The phrase "when it rains, it pours" could not be truer for me at this point in time. I was sitting at my desk looking through the phone book and I just lost it. Randy put his hand on my shoulder and asked if I needed any help. I said no, and thanked him. I went to the bathroom to clean up my face and when I got back to my desk, he had already called a few places to get prices, and gave me the lowest he had found. He said he could call and give them a credit card number if I needed it. I thanked him again profusely, and said no, that I can take care of that.
Randy was the one who told me about my current job way back when it became available. We were in a church group together, and he knew that I'd been looking for something that would pay a little more than the hospital. The job pretty much fell into my hands after I called the guy who was interviewing for the position. They'd offered it to me before I even left the interview. It's been a great job ever since, even though it's so far away from where I live. I love the people, and will be very sad if/when I do leave this office and move on. Yesterday's experience was not the first time the guys in the office had stepped up to help me out.
In December of '05 I was baking at Shell's when my car was hit by a drunk driver. Only my bumper was ruined, thank God, and the car was still drivable. I just didn't have the means to get it fixed right away. Though I'd been with the company less than a year, the guys got together and paid to have my bumper replaced by the Auto Body shop next to our old office. Not long after that, I received a substantial bonus that only a few select people in the Front Range received. My boss said it was to thank me for contributing to the success of the company. Wow! I'd received bonuses before, but this one just made a huge impression, and solidified my loyalty to BMC.
Which is why, even though I commute 90 miles a day, it's really hard for me to even think of looking elsewhere. So when a job opened up at the BMC Truss plant in Ft. Lupton, it was definitely tempting. Half the commute and I'd be able to stay with the company that has treated me really well thus far. I ran the gamut of emotions Tuesday when I found out they needed to hear from people interested in the position by the end of the day. I went from intrigued by the change, to scared, sad and really confused about the change, to really hoping that I would be able to interview for and get the job, to being content with just interviewing and letting whatever they decide happen, whether I got the job or not. I owe my final sense of contentment to prayers said on my behalf by great friends.
I mentioned before that I’ve had pretty much a solid 2 and a half weeks of seemingly bad luck. I won’t list the events. All I will say is that Rich and Shell have come to my rescue through each and every one; Rich as my handy man, and Shell letting me borrow him, both as great emotional support. I really do not know what I’d do without them in my life, and am so very thankful to have met them almost 5 years ago. Meeting them is probably my greatest testament to the wonders of God, and how He works through everything that happens in your life. Had Michael and I not gotten engaged, I wouldn’t have moved back to Greeley and went to work at NCMC, which is where I met Shell. Had Michael and I actually gotten married, I may have moved away from Shell and Rich before forming a bond with them that neither time nor distance could break. All things happen for a reason, and God’s ways are the best.
Things may not always turn out the way you think they should or want them to. However, if you have Faith and God on your side, they always turn out “right”, whether you know it instantly or 5 years later.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all he has done." Phillipians 4:6
As I was driving down Hwy 60 yesterday morning, on my way to interview for a job in Ft. Lupton, my rear windshield shattered. As far as I remember, there were no cars around me, no one standing on the side of the road with a BB gun, no big rocks in the road; nothing, that I can remember, was anywhere near me to cause this to happen. I thought perhaps the can of ice defroster I have in my back seat had exploded, because the "pop" was so loud. Nope, not even that. So I pulled over and called my dad to find out what in the world would cause a back windshield to just shatter out of the blue. He couldn't explain it...
I continued to my interview a little more frazzled than I'd like. I'm thinking they chose someone else, because I really don't have experience in the programs they use, and he said I'd hear by this morning. I didn't hear anything.
After leaving Ft. Lupton, I got almost all the way to work (a good 20 more miles) before my window started to cave in. Tried to take a picture, but the batteries in my camera were dead... Brad met me walking into the office, and I told him in a dazed voice what had happened. He and Randy went to look at it. Randy came into my office and said something about not having any luck at all if it's not bad luck, which is entirely true for the past 2 and a half weeks straight now. The phrase "when it rains, it pours" could not be truer for me at this point in time. I was sitting at my desk looking through the phone book and I just lost it. Randy put his hand on my shoulder and asked if I needed any help. I said no, and thanked him. I went to the bathroom to clean up my face and when I got back to my desk, he had already called a few places to get prices, and gave me the lowest he had found. He said he could call and give them a credit card number if I needed it. I thanked him again profusely, and said no, that I can take care of that.
Randy was the one who told me about my current job way back when it became available. We were in a church group together, and he knew that I'd been looking for something that would pay a little more than the hospital. The job pretty much fell into my hands after I called the guy who was interviewing for the position. They'd offered it to me before I even left the interview. It's been a great job ever since, even though it's so far away from where I live. I love the people, and will be very sad if/when I do leave this office and move on. Yesterday's experience was not the first time the guys in the office had stepped up to help me out.
In December of '05 I was baking at Shell's when my car was hit by a drunk driver. Only my bumper was ruined, thank God, and the car was still drivable. I just didn't have the means to get it fixed right away. Though I'd been with the company less than a year, the guys got together and paid to have my bumper replaced by the Auto Body shop next to our old office. Not long after that, I received a substantial bonus that only a few select people in the Front Range received. My boss said it was to thank me for contributing to the success of the company. Wow! I'd received bonuses before, but this one just made a huge impression, and solidified my loyalty to BMC.
Which is why, even though I commute 90 miles a day, it's really hard for me to even think of looking elsewhere. So when a job opened up at the BMC Truss plant in Ft. Lupton, it was definitely tempting. Half the commute and I'd be able to stay with the company that has treated me really well thus far. I ran the gamut of emotions Tuesday when I found out they needed to hear from people interested in the position by the end of the day. I went from intrigued by the change, to scared, sad and really confused about the change, to really hoping that I would be able to interview for and get the job, to being content with just interviewing and letting whatever they decide happen, whether I got the job or not. I owe my final sense of contentment to prayers said on my behalf by great friends.
I mentioned before that I’ve had pretty much a solid 2 and a half weeks of seemingly bad luck. I won’t list the events. All I will say is that Rich and Shell have come to my rescue through each and every one; Rich as my handy man, and Shell letting me borrow him, both as great emotional support. I really do not know what I’d do without them in my life, and am so very thankful to have met them almost 5 years ago. Meeting them is probably my greatest testament to the wonders of God, and how He works through everything that happens in your life. Had Michael and I not gotten engaged, I wouldn’t have moved back to Greeley and went to work at NCMC, which is where I met Shell. Had Michael and I actually gotten married, I may have moved away from Shell and Rich before forming a bond with them that neither time nor distance could break. All things happen for a reason, and God’s ways are the best.
Things may not always turn out the way you think they should or want them to. However, if you have Faith and God on your side, they always turn out “right”, whether you know it instantly or 5 years later.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all he has done." Phillipians 4:6


No comments:
Post a Comment