Football season. Two words that tend to strike fear in the hearts of many wives, girlfriends and significant others. I, on the other hand, have found that this season brings out my competitive side!! My friend Jenn invited me to join her Yahoo Pick'em team last season. After missing the first 2 weeks and finding myself in dead last I decided it was time to take action. I soon joined the masses of football addicts across the U.S. This doesn't mean that I sat in front of the TV from mid-morning Sunday 'til late in the evening, or even caught the Monday night game each week. Oh no...I chose a different route.
You see, I guess I can be considered more of a "score" addict than an addict of the sport itself. I would study scores each week, even creating an Excel spreadsheet to track trends. Sites like HBO's Inside the NFL and of course Yahoo's "experts" would, in several cases, help me to decide which teams to pick each week. Shockingly, some of my highest scores came on the weeks when I had studied what all the experts said, and yet chosen according to my gut. I ended the season ranked 2nd out of 6 or 7, maybe 8. A satisfying journey, it was...
So it has begun again... Jenn has started another league and of course my competitive side is ready to go! Though my first week left much to be desired (7/16 correct...) I am confident that as happened last season, I will start from small beginnings and rise to great accomplishment!
Another, more exciting season for me, is on the horizon as well. That, of course, is HOCKEY!!! So Jenn, why haven't I received an email for your fantasy hockey league yet?!?! Ahhh...months of fun and competition to come! Let the games begin!!


No comments:
Post a Comment