13 April 2009

The Waiting Game...

In anticipation of the arrival of a baby, my Mom, Dad, Sister and youngest niece drove up to Evans Wed. night. We had an encouraging visit with the Dr. on Tuesday and I had called to let everyone know to be on alert. My Dr. had said that after scraping the membranes, women typically go into labor within 1-2 days. I was also 3-4 centimeters dilated. Unfortunately, after 4 days of waiting (now 5,) there is still no baby. Now I'm not sure when or if my Dr. will decide to induce. I'm hoping that, as she mentioned at an appt. a few weeks back, she won't let me go more than a week over my due date. However, she seems to change her mind pretty frequently. We know that the baby is already over 8 lbs. I would prefer not to let him get much bigger!!

I've now been off work for 1 week, and am starting another. It's very frustrating being at home without a baby! Every day he doesn't come is another I don't get to spend with him when I have to go back to work. NOT a great thought to couple with pregnant emotions... I am not a fan of this waiting game.

1 comment:

jackie said...

I know it is hard, but enjoy it while you can. Sleep. Sleep! SLEEP!! Sleep now because that will become a rare luxury for a while! :o)