22 June 2008

Update

For those of you who may not know why I'm posting so much about Nick, here's a little background. Nick was my first long term boyfriend. We dated for 3 years of my High School career and into my college years. We were even "engaged" for a time. I had a ring, but no formal arrangements were ever made. We lived together for the summer following my Freshman year at UNC before he decided to move back to Pueblo to attend the Police Academy. I was with him when he graduated.

While I loved him very much, I wasn't very good to him. I'm glad that he had found someone who treated him the way he deserved to be treated, who gave him children he loved, and who was able to make what time he had happy.

This has brought back a flood of memories for my "first" in almost everything... Someone so young, with such a promising future, shouldn't have to leave this life. As with so many untimely deaths, we'll never know why God took him at such a young age... My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

1 comment:

Hoban Family said...

Amanda I am so sorry. Nick was a great guy and we all had a ton of fun together. It was wonderful reading that he was such a great officer and how proud everyone was with him. He truly has a special place in all of our hearts.