29 July 2007

The End of an Era

My love for Harry Potter began when my mom bought the 4th book for my niece in 2000. We were to be in Florida for Christmas that year, and so did the gift thing on Thanksgiving. Michelle isn't really a reader, so I borrowed her new HP book to take on our trip. I hadn't even heard of the wizard tale, having been in college (too "mature" for such things, please!) for the first 3 books. I finished the book so quickly it really surprised me! I'm not a really fast reader, but just couldn't put it down. Of course after that I had to read them all! I was an instant fan...

Though I don't remember the exact sequence of events (I'm sure Shell does...), I turned Shell into an HP fan during June of 2003. I do believe she's now more of a HP geek than I am!! When the 3rd movie was released, we took time off from work and saw the movie together, thus starting a tradition of viewing the new HP movies together for the first time ever since. And when the 6th book came out, we were at Borders for the midnight release party. So of course, we were there again for the end of an era, the release of the final HP, Book 7 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!! Ahhh...what will we do now that there are no more HP books to read??? Well, word is, there will be a HP Encyclopedia released next, and of course the last 2 movies!! I do hope they keep the original cast, or it just won't be the same... Thank you, J.K. Rowling for many years of entertainment! Can't wait for the theme park in a little more than 2 years!!!
Shell and Me
The madness within

No comments: